"Get Carded” in September at the Meredith Public Library!
The Meredith Public Library has been challenged by other New Hampshire libraries to see which library can have the highest percentage of new library card holders by the end of September. It is our goal to get as many people “carded” as possible this month! Please stop by the library to get your library card. All Meredith residents and property tax-payers are eligible for a free card as are all Inter-Lakes students and staff. Non-residents must pay a small fee of $10.00. Please bring a
current form of identification with you such as a driver’s license, rental agreement or electric bill.
Top Ten Things You May Not Have Known About
10. Check out a telescope for one week.
9. Visit Squam Lakes Science Center, Castle in the Clouds and other area attractions for free or at a reduced rate.
8. Download eBooks, eAudios and eMagazines at no charge.
7. Check-out over 4000 movies and television shows.
6. Try out a Kindle.
5. Access genealogy databases, academic journals or draft legal documents all from our Website.
4. Renew your items online from home.
3. Get tech support for your smart phone, laptop or other
devices at no charge.
2. Order hard-to-find items from other public and academic libraries in NH.
1. Help your local library win the Granite State Library Card Challenge Trophy…but in the end you’re the real winner with your Meredith Library Card!
We want to hear from you! We are conducting a patron satisfaction survey for 2018. Follow the link HERE, fill it out, and be entered to possibly win a free Kindle Fire!
As a child, instead of begging to go to the park, or the beach, Kaitlyn wanted to go to the library. A shy child, she found the library helped her balance her love for reading and learning with a chance to interact with other children. As she grew, she became more outgoing and this year was named the Meredith 250th's Youth Ambassador. We are so proud of her and congratulate her on her many accomplishments, including being accepted to Dartmouth College to study biology. "The Meredith Public Library was my home away from home as a child, and I still love it dearly," says Kaitlyn. "It is a part of Meredith that will always stick with me."
The Librarians and Library Aides of the Meredith Public library: Erin, Chris, Matthew, Karen, John, Cherie, Joyce, Jessica, and Linda. Please check out our Staff page for more information.