Thank you to the 425 people who took our survey this year! Your answers will help us to improve service next year and also help us finalize plans for our library building expansion/ renovation. Congratulations to Linda Riley who won the Kindle Fire in our survey drawing.
- 45% visit the library every week and 6% almost every day.
- 63% of respondents are over the age of fifty.
- 90% of you think the staff are either very good or excellent (thanks, we love you too!)
The top three reasons you are not visiting the library more often are:
- Being too busy
- Town traffic
The top three things respondents found most important in a library building renovation/expansion:
- Energy efficiency
- Space for the collection
- Tie for third with access to new technology and retaining historic character of the building.
Top three services respondents would like to see added:
- Craft, hobby, cooking and repair workshops.
- Author visits.
- Genealogy and local history services.
Some interesting comments:
- Open on Mondays.
- More foreign language materials.
- Add a coffee shop that’s open late.
- More comfy seating and spaces to just sit and read.
- Have a library cat.
- More quiet spaces.
- More weekend and evening events.
- Post your events in school newsletters.
- More events for elementary aged children.
- Better selection of downloadable books.
- Board game night.
- Add a Maker space.
- More cultural events (writing songs, poetry, art exhibits, musical events, painting.)
- Adult literacy classes.
- Annual meeting open to public where trustees report on the library.
Thanks again to our participants!